AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, February 04, 2011

Continuing

Well, so first, for those of you reading this on the facebooks or on rss feeds, I went ahead and redesigned the blog. Since it's not really about travel anymore, I thought the name, look, and little poem-let at the top needed changing. So there.

Okay, then. Back to SAHD-dom. This week we discovered growth spurts. Growth spurts involve more feeding and less sleeping (except for the SAHD, who just gets less of both). Luckily, GTWM (Goes To Work Mom) figured out a good solution to the Great Milk-Supply Problem Of Last Week, and now I text the exact amounts baby goes through for each feeding, so she can adjust. Hooray technology!

Growth spurts presage both physical and mental developments. In this case, she has started trying to sit up a little more, and no longer cries right off when she gets Tummy Time™. In fact, she seems to enjoy it a bit, which means we're that much closer to the dreaded crawling, in which we're going to have to figure out what to do with the cat box. By "we," I mean "me." I really don't want her to figure out anything about the cat box.

Seriously, this is the one fear that haunts my nightmares. I'm going to turn around for a minute, and suddenly find her halfway through the little cover flap, joyfully putting everything she can into her mouth. I think the reason I'm so worried is that, of all the pregnancy info that washed over us last year, the one thing that really stuck with me is that cat litter carries a bacteria that will give a pregnant woman a slight cold, and then KILL THE BABY. Aaaah! Why do we have that in the house? Because we love our cat, that's why. And we have so far failed to toilet train it.

But thankfully, we're still at least a month or two from this dreaded development. She's on her way to sitting up, which is awesome. And when she starts locomoting, well, I'll have something else to write about, won't I.

2 comments:

dawnzer said...

Do you have a clothes dryer you can put the litter box on top of? Or something similar the cat can get to but not baby?

OR

Google "top entry litter box". This one is pricey, but it looks nice!
http://www.therefinedfeline.com/dog-proof-cat-litter-box-furniture.htm

HTH!

Christopher Michel said...

ha ha! no, we've got 400 square feet of space and no closets -- no dryer, nothing other than a table and counter tops to put the box onto. That top-entry design is a good idea though. I was thinking of putting fencing up.

Right now all she can do is scoot backwards a little, so we don't have to worry yet about much besides wedgies.